In 2018 our private jet requests to ski destinations outside of the EU have increased significantly with our second most popular region being the USA. In recognition as a mecca for skiers and snowboarders alike, Execflyer take a look at the top 10 private jet ski destinations in North America:
1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming – Skiing in Jackson began in the 1960′s. Being 4 hrs from Salt Lake City, it is quieter than some of the more accessible ski destinations in the US, though this is its strength. Jackson has some of the best free skiing in North America. In addition its location gives rise to superb ski weather and is home to a thriving community and aprés ski scene. For Jackson Hole take a private jet direct into Jackson Hole Airport.
2. Alta, Utah – One of the oldest ski areas in the USA, Alta was a mining town before much of the land was donated to the US Forest Service with a condition that the area was to be developed as a ski area. It opened in 1938. The Alta ski region comprises almost 2,200 acres of ski area with an average snowfall of 558 inches. This area is limited to skiers only. Snowboarders are not permitted. Fly by private jet to Salt Lake City Airport
3. Whistler, British Columbia – located around 80 miles north of Vancouver, and is the largest ski destination in North America with over 2 million visitors a year. Whistler has been the subject of huge investment in the last decade giving rise to some of the best facilities for skiers and boarders anywhere in the world. Whistler does a great job of providing a mountain village feel with a range of facilities fit for a large town. Over 200 restaurants and bars, many of which are ski in, ski out. Repeatedly voted one of the best ski destinations in North America, Whistler has a deserved place on our list. To fly by private jet to Whistler, use Vancouver International Airport and transfer by Heli to Whistler.
4. Snowbird – Utah – Only 40 minutes from Salt Lake City airport, Snowbird is situated in the Cottonwood Canyon in Utah. Opened in December 1971, like many mountain resorts evolving from mining community to world class ski and snowboard playground. With over 500 inches of snowfall every year, Snowbird is set across 2500 acres ranging in altitude from 2365m to 3353m. It has 169 ski runs with the longest run at 2.5 miles. Off piste facilities include a clifftop spa, numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Snowbird plays host to the International Freeskiing Association events each year lending extra kudos to this versatile resort. Fly by private jet to South Valley Regional Airport.
5. Alyeska – Alaska - One of the smaller resorts in North America with 73 runs over 1400 acres, Alyeska has 9 lifts with a capacity of 10,335 per hour. Aimed at the intermediate to advanced skiier, this resort sees over 50ft of snowfall in an average year. This resort is unique in that its base is almost at sea level giving rise to drier powder feel to the snow here. With only a few bars and restaraunts Alyeska is all about the skiing rather than the aprés ski. For private jet flights fly into Anchorage International Airport
6. Revelstoke, British Colombia – Revelstoke is one of the largest ski areas in North America with a descent of 1713 metres. Skiers flock here for the supreme Heli and Cat skiing made possible by on average 40ft of dry white powder every year. Ski runs here are some of the longest vertical runs in the world and as a result best suited to advanced intermediate skiers and advanced. Revelstoke is definitely a resort for the more hardened skier. For Revelstoke fly by private jet into Kelowna International Airport
7. Vail – Colorado – Covering some 5300 acres, Vail is a huge skiers paradise. Vail rises from 2500m to 3500m giving rise to a vertical descent of 1000m. The infrastructure here is well developed comprising 33 ski lifts servicing 193 runs. It is one of the largest ski resorts in America. Be sure to check out the oldest bar in Vail called Bart and Yeti’s, or the more upmarket Samana Lounge. Private jets fly into Eagle County Airport for Vail.
8. Telluride – Colorado - Beautiful scenery and character provide the perfect ski setting for skiers of all abilities. It really does cater across the board. There is a good range of accommodation from basic to luxury chalets and hotels. After a hard day on the slopes, there is a good range of eateries and bars to while away the hours telling stories of hero antics on the slopes. Fly private jet straight into Telluride Regional Airport.